Monday, April 25, 2011

Barry's Right.

Hello,

I'm on my very tight schedule as a mother and grandmother ,even through I find my time on Facebook and Farmville (I'm not addicted, I manage my time). Adding to my schedule, I work on my family tree as well.

As you know, I just make it very simple and short.

I find Barry's vlog a true view way of recognizing a missing spot in ASL as misunderstanding between ASL users and vocabulary. I get to be honest with you that I think he's right about few things. Nevertheless, I do cherish my ASL and thank Barry for giving me a deep thought on how I can improve my ASL skills. Thank you, Barry Sewell! I know that you find it shocking. It's okay to agree with any one you almost always disagree but admire his or her perspective on a thing. I admire his saying, 'balance" as well. Does ASL fail? Well, I think it's too strong for a question. Personally, I think to skip this question.

Honestly, I do require a PSE translator instead of ASL interpreter if I'm in College because of misunderstandings and its limited vocabulary. Keep in mind that I still do cherish ASL I rather use outside of a college. Due to my childhood, I grew up with SEE in my school. You need to understand where I come from.

As I go out the world, ASL is like a light into my life and makes it so beautiful. I'm not a bi-languaged in English/ASL child but from SEE to ASL. I also use PSE. When I was young, I went to Gally, I found ASL that it had a negative view as to misunderstandings and its limited vocabulary. Some of classes my teachers used PSE. And then I decided to go a college that provided interpreters in my home state. I felt more comfortable with PSE translators in classes but enjoyed ASL out of classes.

I don't want to continue on writing, so I need to go back to where I am now- getting busy as a mother and grandmother.


Take care,
Deb Ann
P.S. You may find my English errors. *grins* I don't have much time to edit my English.