Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jewish Rabbi and Catholic Priest?

I got to share this joke; my friend from Brighton passed it on to me through an email. Hope it brightens your day!

A Jewish rabbi and a Catholic priest met at the town's annual 4th of July picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter. "This baked ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. "You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion, but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing. You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia Baked Ham. Tell me, Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?" The rabbi looked at the priest with a big grin, and said, "At your wedding."

2 comments:

SpeakUp Librarian said...

Tee hee. I heard a funny one about the Catholic church in Las Vegas that accepted poker chips in the offering plate. They took them over to the local monastery to be counted by a chipmonk.

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Really?