Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quotations for Deafies and Hearies Alike

Hello! I want to thank Mike from Oh I See and LaRonda from Ear of My Heart for giving me an opportunity to post their pictures along with some quotes.
I took my kids to the library, and I decided to pick out a book from the nearest shelf. After picking, I sat down reading while they were looking for books. My youngest boy that next to me was playing cars on a rug that has roads on it. In the first glimpse of the book I picked out, I noticed it was called, "Quotations for Kids" complied and edited by J.A. Sean. Quotations for Kids? It could be a life time of quotations. It can also be a great reminder for all of us, including the Deafies and Hearies. All is the same, they need a healthy medicine by remembering and doing SO. The quotes are very simple but great!


ADVENTURE
"Can't keep still all day...I like adventure. And I'm going to find." Louisa Alcott

Photo by Deb Ann

"Never say NO to adventures. Always say YES otherwise you'll lead a very dull life."
Ian Fleming



Advice
"Be Careful...of the wind you choose." Avi

"Advice to a fool goes in one ear and out the other."
Danish Proverb



Beauty

"Beauty is but skin deep" English Proverb

Photo by LaRonda


BOOKS

"A book is a friend" American Proverb

Photo by Mike
"A book is just away to remember a story, like a photograph is a way to remember a friend." American Proverb



CHANGE

"The need for change bulldozed a roaddown the center of my mind." Maya Angou


Photo by tomeil04
"Things just are, and fussing don't bring changes. " Natalie Babbitt



CHOICE

"Once I had brains, and a heart also; so, having tried them both, I should much rather have a heart" Irene Cooper

Photo by annfrau
"You have to make your own choices. And then live with them" Irene Cooper

No comments: